The increasing pressure placed on utilities and telecommunications operators by population growth and business expansion has seen a significant increase in activity by utility companies over private land. In addition, we have seen a proliferation of private pipelines and easements servicing residential developments and private sector companies.
We offer an experienced individual service to private landowners and occupiers affected by the works of statutory authorities and other operators, including:
- Water Utilities
- Gas Companies
- Environment Agency
- Fixed Line Telecommunication Companies
- Electricity Companies
- Highways England
- Easements and wayleaves
- Private pipelines
The Statutory Powers available in these cases vary considerably and you should always seek the advice of a professional to protect your interests.
This will include:
- Presentations to acquiring authority including representation at Public Inquiry
- Negotiation of compulsory purchase and compensation
- Negotiation of Permanent Easements & Terminable Wayleaves
- Interpreting existing wayleave/easement agreements
- Overseeing legal process
- Mapping services
- Pre-entry record of condition
- Temporary Access Agreements
- Storage Compound Agreements and Fee Charges
- Preparation and Negotiation of Damage Compensation Claims
- Negotiation of accommodation works, to mitigate the effects of a scheme
- Preparation and Negotiation of Damage Compensation Claims including Part 1 Claims (No Land-taken)
- Development and strategic advice.
In most cases, the authority or body undertaking any scheme will pay most if not all fees incurred.
It is important that you contact us immediately on receipt of statutory notices or proposals so that we can ensure that your interests are brought to the fore.
Please contact Tim King – Member of Compulsory Purchase Association, for further information.